The advanced Flame Test Manikin features a fully articulated, non-degrading, ceramic-composite body form with integrated sensors, control electronics, computational burn model and computer as a complete turn-key package, allowing the operator to characterize the performance of garments or protective clothing ensembles in a simulated flash fire environment having controlled heat flux, flame distribution, and duration.
- High-temperature composite body form, based on our 50th percentile “Newton” design
- Western Male or Asian Male body dimensions available
- Heat sensors integrated into the manikin shell for protection against damage
- Standard cable connections and manikin support available via neck or top of the head
- Optional wireless communication reduces cable penetrations into clothing
- Dell PC and Burn Model burn prediction software included
- Manikin jointed at the shoulders to allow fitting of clothing
MTNW is actively involved in advancing international research and standards for human safety and comfort in clothing, textile assessment, and environmental ambiance. Our advanced Flame Test Manikin Systems, for characterizing the performance of garments or protective clothing ensembles in a simulated flash fire environment, are another example of how we bring the latest in technology and methodology to your research applications.