The Thermal Head manikin can be used to generate accurate test measurements for all types of helmets and headwear. Through precise measurement of heat loss, our head manikins are capable of quantifying the effects of product design, insulation, and ventilation - with highly repeatable accuracy - and are built to reliably perform testing sequences in environmental conditions ranging from -20°C to +50°C. The Thermal Head manikin is available in both dry and sweating models. The sweating head model includes a removable wicking fabric skin and computer-controlled fluid metering system.
Measurement Technology NW's Thermal Head manikin was developed to provide increased resolution of the heat loss and regional insulation values of headwear. Zone segmentation is designed to isolate key regions of the head which are affected by clothing or have significantly different heat loss characteristics, such as the forehead, scalp, and neck. A dedicated PC computer with ThermDAC software maintains full thermal control, fault detection and real-time data display while logging data.
- Carbon-Fiber/epoxy composite construction
- 50th Percentile Adult Male body form (US size Medium)
- Head: 6 or 8-zone independent thermal zones, with thermal guard
- Optional removable fabric sweating skin with computerized fluid flow
- Head manikin mounted to base enclosure, providing protection for the control electronics and a stable base for test operations