"Newton" is a complete turn-key thermal manikin system perfect for a broad range of clothing and environmental testing. Newton was developed using advanced CAD digital modeling and is constructed using a thermally conductive composite shell with embedded resistance wire heating and sensor wire elements. The Newton system is available in standard 20, 26, or 34-zone configurations, but the number of zones and other thermal properties can be customized for specific research needs. The Newton body form is available as either a 50th percentile Western or Asian Male, in either dry or sweating formats.
- Carbon-fiber/epoxy composite construction
- 50th Percentile Western or Asian male body forms
- Jointed at the shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, and ankles
- 20, 26, or 34-zone standard configurations
- Optional removable fabric sweating skin with computerized fluid flow
- Motorized walking motion and support stand available
- Breathing machine with nose/mouth manifold and filter available
Built in accordance with ASTM and ISO standards to meet the garment evaluation needs of testing institutes, clothing and sleeping bag manufacturers, Newton can be customized for faster transient response, greater sensitivity or easier handling. A dedicated PC computer with ThermDAC software maintains full thermal control, fault detection and real-time data display while logging data.